Sunday, March 8, 2009

Oops! February--Breakfast

So, I didn't get around to posting the recipes for February because... You guys are terrible at sending me your recipes!!!!! I WANT RECIPES!!! Gimme, gimme, gimme! So, here's Dorothy's and mine:

Dutch Babies (aka German Pancakes)

Dorothy Winters

Preheat oven to 400. Put 9x13 pan in oven with ½ Cup butter to melt.

Mix in Blender:

6 eggs

1 C milk

1 C flour

dash of salt

Pour mixture into 9x13 pan (already containing melted butter) cook for 20-30 minutes at 400. Serve with fresh squeezed lemon juice and powdered sugar.


Coffee Cake
Morgan Somers

preheat oven to 350

for cake:
1 c butter or margarine
1 1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
1 c milk
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t baking powder
3 c flour

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and milk. Add dry ingredients. Put in greased 13x9 pan.

for topping:
1 stick butter (not margarine and don't soften too much)
2 c brown sugar (plus a little bit)
2 1/2 T cinnamon

Put all ingredients in food processor to combine. Pour over batter in pan. Cook at 350 for 45 min to 1 hour.


Okay, so you guys aren't the only slackers... I think some of you brought hard copies to this one and I have, er, misplaced them. Sorry! Send them to me ASAP!


1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Morgan, Gina (peterson) and I have both made your delicious coffee cake. YUMMMM