Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hot Summer's Day

Okay, I need your guys' help with this one. I don't have any recipes and I don't even remember who was there. All I know is that it was at my house and it was a crazy week with my in-laws in town for Ryker's birthday and to work on house projects. So if someone has the recipes from this day and remembers who came please let me know and I'll post it.

Chocolate Mint (or Peanut Butter) Pie

Dorothy Winters

1 can sweetened condensed milk

¼ Cup cocoa powder (or 2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate melted)

8 oz Cool Whip (thawed)

¼ tsp (more or less to taste. I start with a little less) peppermint extract (OR ¼ Cup creamy peanut butter)

Oreo cookie crust

Mix chocolate into sweetened condensed milk. Add Cool Whip and mix. Add mint extract (or peanut butter). Pour into crust and freeze for 6 hours before serving.

1 comment:

kw87 said...

Your mom was there and she made some cold pasta and tomato salad thing. And Angel was there. Either she or you made a pistachio jello salad thingy. I think Jen Haws did a fruit dip. We saw cute pictures of Rykers birthday cake. I don't remember what I brought, or who else was there. Oh yeah, I remember now. I made a frozen Chocolate mint pie that I didn't freeze long enough so it didn't set up right. Sad. There were probably a couple others there. I'll get my recipe up here one of these days. Should I email it to you, or can I post it? I don't know how, or if i'm alowed.